Here are 6 reasons that may turn off a buyer to your home.
1. Dirt: The No. 1 biggest mistake is not getting the home in the best possible condition. Prior to putting your house on the market do a deep clean -clean carpets, shine those hardwood floors, steam-clean tile and grout and carpets and replace carpets if necessary.
2. Odors: Especially kitchen odors, next to the kitchen, the smelliest room in the house is actually the living room. That's typically the room that has the most fabric, so that is where odors get absorbed.
3. Old fixtures: Change out old fixtures in your house, including outdated ceiling fans. Light fixtures should be replaced prior to listing a home. New cabinet hardware and doorknobs make a huge difference.
4. Wallpaper: When buyers see wallpaper, they think of another thing to add to their to-do list. If your wallpaper is outdated remove and paint the walls.
5. Popcorn acoustic ceilings: These ceiling were popular in the 1960s and 1970s but now can date a home. Still, it can be a mess and costly to remove, sellers may need to be prepared to credit a buyer in certain markets if they decide to keep the popcorn ceiling when selling a home.
6. Too many personal items: Cluttered homes make it difficult for buyers to see past the home owner’s belongings and start envisioning themselves there. Remove all those personal items on your refrigerator, Limit the personal photos.
Thinking about selling your home? Call me to discuss further.
Re/Max Southern Shores